April 29, 2012

Gone.

You knew you couldn't have me,
and that's why you wanted me.
But now that you have me,
you don't want me anymore.
You promised your way into my life again.
You smooth talked your way into my raduis.
Rested your hand on my leg.
Nestled your lips onto my neck.
Slipped your hand under my shirt.
Gracefully unbutton my pants.
Kissed your way into me.
Took the only thing I have to give.
And I let you have it.
Because you have seen me at my worst and at my best.
And I have seen your rough edges and your perfect curves.
And I promised myself I wouldn't get attatched.
But here I am, trying to pull myself away.
Begging my ears to stop longing for your voice.
Asking my body to stop missing your touch.
Telling my head that I don't need you.
And now that I know that I don't need you,
you can't hurt me anymore.
A weight has been lifted from my shoulders
that I didn't think would ever go away.
You can never rely on someone else to make you happy.
Because that someone else will always let you down.
So the next time you think of me,
remember that you knew you couldn't have me,
and that's why you wanted me.
And then when you had me, you didn't want me.
So now I'm gone.
-written by me

No comments: