July 5, 2008

You Can't Lose What You Never Had.

No ending is okay, because it shouldn't be an ending at all. Press yourself into me, I want to feel your breathing. And my clothes, they smell like you and I can't sleep. Sing to me lies, because you're the one who's changed. Let me linger on every word that you've ever fed me. And it's hard to smile when I see you, because I miss the sound of your voice. And it's hard to watch you love every other girl but me. Did she taste good? was she gentle or do you like it rough? And as I watch you turn into the person you promised you'd never be. I'll just sit here and pretend not to care. And it's okay because I figured I would never be good enough for you. My heart converses with my head, but they can't agree on anything. "we accept the love we think we deserve." And I haven't accepted anything because I still feel like I'm worthless. I can't breathe when you're touching me and I suffocate when you're away from me. And my lips, they tremble as I cry, begging for you to stay. Lost words of love and lust creep into the darkness. Because you left me for her and that's what's on my mind. And I hope you find what you're missing... Even if what you're missing is right in front of you. Do you tell me you love me because you know I'll do something you'll regret if you don't? It's a cold, hard road when you wake up, and I don't think that I have the strength to let you go. I promised you I'd wait, and I don't make promises that I can't keep. Even though it hurts to think about you now. Listen to me talk like you were ever even close to being mine. As whispers are exchanged in the silence; "I can't let you go, I can't let you go." And breathing around you is getting harder. I try hard not to shake as I bite my tongue; because blood in my mouth is better than tears on the ground. I wanted you to fight for me. I wanted you to say that there was no one else you could ever be with, and that you'd rather be alone than be without me. but you didn't. you wanted her. and I want left to lose you. but you can't lose what you never had to begin with. -written by me.

No comments: