June 2, 2009

Let Me Sleep Some More.

I woke up abruptly and everything was spinning.
And now nothing makes sense.
But I guess it wasn't supposed to.
If I were the sand and you were the ocean,
The moon would be the reason why you're pulled to me.
I sleep so I don't have to feel the truth,
That you might not ever want me back.
Even though you need me.
I hope dreams come when I die so we can talk.
But I won't ever wake up.
I'll ask you how your life turned out without me.
I want everything and nothing all at the same time.
And my thoughts tend to sound so much better,
in the things I didn't write, and the songs I didn't sing.
And I'll die a little more, everyday,
In perfect increments.
I'll refuse to let go of what I so love.
My words come out in choppy fragments,
And you're the only one who understands.
Being alone really is as awful as it sounds.
But my brain and my heart work in perfect harmony.
They let the words dance along the page,
faster than my hands can play the music.
Everything hurts.
Let the love linger on every word,
That was exchanged in the silence that night.
Soothing hands touch my face.
I'll never be the same, I'm so messed up.
I'm starting to breathe heavy now.
Everything is moving even faster;
Make it stop, make it stop.
I'm shaking, I can't control anything.
Look me in the eyes and tell me there is
No one you'd rather be with.
I sleep so I can hear things like that.
I'm in a bad nightmare,
And I just wish I could wake up.
I don't want you to ever think,
that you want something more,
something better.
I wish I would be it for you,
like you are it for me.
But I guess that's not how this was supposed to work.
I wish I could write something.
Something more, Something beautiful.
Promise me you won't forget.
I just can't do this without you.
I want to keep going,
but I can't think straight anymore.
slow down, slow down.
Hush baby, it's okay now.
Let me sleep some more.
-written by me

No comments: