June 17, 2009

Safe

There are some hearts that never mend once they are broken.
And I wish I had someone to permanently fix the hurt.
I think everybody should like everybody
Because life would just be easier that way.
With my head held high, I'll pretend I'm okay without you.
But I pray that one day, you'll realize how much you need me.
Flying through your mind, you're everyone else's now,
And I don't know how much more of that I can take.
Statistics have shown that this month,
Restaurant sales have gone down,
And bar sales have gone up.
Maybe I'm not the only one that's as lonely as I am.
I am infinitely fascinated by how everyone loves each other,
but no one really likes each other.
I could give you everything I am,
and still fall short of how amazing you are.
I am quick to judge and I fall too easily, I know.
But you're the closest thing to perfect and the farthest thing from me.
Sometimes, the most beautiful things
Come out of the ugliest situations.
I'm taking bits and pieces of nothing and stinging them together,
With the hope that it will make you understand.
"so that was it. all this buildup to a great leap, and I didn't fall or fly.
Instead I found myself back on the edge of the cliff,
blinking, wondering if I had even jumped at all.
It wasn't supposed to be like this."
And then, I started to cry.
But it wasn't a 'I miss you - please be with me' cry.
It was more like a 'I'm so lost - I don't know what to do anymore' cry.
Everything was happening all at once, and I couldn't handle it.
No one had ever seen that besides the posters on my bedroom walls.
And I hate myself for loosing it like I did, But I couldn't help it.
You were there, and as soon as the first tear streamed down my face.
You pulled me into you, hard. And you held me tight.
And it was like nothing I had ever felt before.
You whispered that everything was going to be okay.
And I had never believed anything so much in my whole life.
"I just want you to hug me like that, one more time,
because the only thing in this world that scares me,
is that I'll never feel that safe - ever again."
-written by me

No comments: