September 30, 2007

The best part of believe is the lie.

I can see it now…
He’s asking her out in person, unlike me who couldn’t wait.
They talk more, unlike me who did all the talking.
He calls her more, because she’s more fun to talk to.
They hang out more, because he’s falling for her.
He goes over her house, they lay on her bed... and they kiss gently.
She slides out of her shirt, he awkwardly takes off his.
He caresses her stomach and unhooks her bra.
He runs his hands through her hair and kisses her forehead.
She lays her head on his chest and listens to his heartbeat.
He tells her he loves her, and this time, he means it.
They go further than me and him ever went.
And he’s happier with her.
I couldn’t give him it all, she could.
She trusts him, he trusts her.
I see him in school and we exchange glances.
My look says “I miss you, when are you coming back?”
His look is blank and unfamiliar.
She’s standing next to him, smile on her face.
My eyes scream "you promised!"
But he doesn't even notice me anymore, I'm just another face.
Promises are not made to be broken, but they were that night.
That night he broke my heart. my everything gone away never to return.
As I sit on my bed where everything happened between us,
the beginning to the end.
the silence is earth shattering, but I like it.
I can still hear all those words, those words that I put so much faith in.
those words that turned into lies.
But it's not a lie, if you believe it.
And oh how I miss you, and the loneliness hurts so much.
I hope you're happy with her.
Be careful though darling, you're believing her lies too.
-written by me.

No comments: